39th Annual

Queensland

4WD Corroboree

Corroboree Dates

4 Oct 2019 - Friday
5 Oct 2019 - Saturday
6 Oct 2019 - Sunday
7 Oct 2019 - Monday

This is a great trip for those who want a nice easy drive for about 80% of the drive and the other 20% was deemed to be rated at FUN/10 by all who have driven it so far.

Starting out on Bitumen as you leave Blackbutt, you quickly find yourself on gravel road heading for the first Private Property portion of the trip. While this portion of the trip might seem fairly tame, take it easy on sections as there are working farms along the road you are on. This includes Farm Dogs who are not backwards in coming forward and letting you know they are there. First vehicle or two might make it past, after that watch out as they will be out to let you know they mean business.

Once on the first section of property it is an easy drive through paddocks to get your feet wet and try and find your track through the trees, lots of fun as for the most part there is no actual track to follow except for the track your trip leader has on his GPS.

From there you will transfer into State Forest, watch out for the occasional low bridge. This holds part of your Fun/10 rating as you approach a good spot for a rest. Hope you like long grass and bouncy drives as you follow the power lines up to the rest point 8-).

The second half of the trip again starts in State Forest, and you see everything, twists/turns, birds and kangaroos if you are lucky.

Again, most of this is an easy drive, until you get to the second lot of power line tracks. That kicks into Fun/10 zone again.

From there you loop back onto the private property again and encounter the only section of track where Low Range is required. Lots of fun things to see on the property. Cows, swans, cows, Eagles Nest (might see the eagles too), cows, a good fishing shack and rope swing ….. did I mention the Cows? This all ties in with a great run along the river with great views before leaving the property and returning to Blackbutt.

All up a great drive for all involved from beginner to experienced.

 

Trip Rating: Medium
Trip Time: 3.5hrs
Vehicle Limit: 10
Corroboree Main Menu