A little about Moore
Moore is located 96km from north west Brisbane at the base of the Balfour Range between Esk in the Brisbane River valley and Yarraman in the South Burnett. The Brisbane River passes through Moore from north to south to the east of the town centre. The D’Aguilar Highway runs from the south to the north-west of the locality. The western end of the locality is within the Benarkin State Forest.
Moore was originally known as Stanley Gate and then as Mooretown. In July 1910 the town took the name of Moore from its railway station, which was named after John and William Moore, graziers of Colinton.
Moore Provisional School opened on 1 December 1904, becoming a state school in 1908. The school ceased operation on 31 December 2006 and was officially closed in December 2007. The school was sold for $77,000 in 2012.
Moore is home to the heritage listed Stonehouse which comprises three stone structures on the southern side of the highway between Moore and Nanango.